mercredi 5 août 2015

How to bump a version to a module and its dependents in Maven


I have a multimodule project where some modules depends on others:

This is a example dependency tree of submodules in my project.

mycompany:dependency1
            \
          mycompany:dependency2
                      \
                    mycompany:dependency3

I need to bump the version number to dependency3, then update dependency2 pom with the new version of dependency3. Since dependency2 has changed I need to bump it too, and repeat these changes recursively to the root.

Notice that I don't want to bump all submodules of a project, just one of them and its dependents

I have tried mvn versions plugin:

mvn versions:set -DnewVersion=1.0.1 -DgroupId=mycompany -DartifactId=dependency3

But it just bump dependency3 and updates dependency version of dependency3 in dependency2 pom.

I have tried -amd parameter with no result.

Is possible to do it via a command line? Or any alternative way to do it?



via Chebli Mohamed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire